Wednesday, October 22, 2008

BOSTON




Boston was our shortest day in port and the most jam-packed as far as sight-seeing goes. We walked the 2 1/2 mile Freedom Trail, taking in all the historical markers along the way, and then we walked back the same trail to Quincy Market. I don't think we got real good pictures in Boston. The buildings were so close together and the old was mixed in with the new, didn't make for good photo ops.
This is the old North Church where the lanterns were hung signaling to Paul Revere that the British had landed.




Some of the most famous figures of the Revolutionary War are buried here, Samuel Adams, John Hancock, Paul Revere and the first victims of the Boston Massacre.



We crossed the Charlestown River to see the U.S.S. Constitution and had a great view of the newest bridge in Boston. I can't remember the name but it is really beautiful.



Paul Revere's home. We didn't have time to take a tour. The house was built in 1680 and is the oldest building in downtown Boston.





The U.S.S. Constitution. The navy offers free tours of the battle ship. It was really interesting to see Old Ironsides, as she is commonly known.






Inside the ship, this picture is dark but it shows some of the cannons and a barrel similar to what would have been used to store their drinking water.

















The Freedom Trail ended at the Bunker Hill Monument. This is where Ken tried to kill me. We climbed to the top of the monument ALL 296 STEPS! I was ready to quit after 75, but the circular stairway was so narrow and there other people climbing up so I couldn't turn around. When we reached the top there were four little windows to look out at the city, but seriously, I was so winded I didn't even look.
This day was exhausting, but so interesting. I would love to go back there and spend more time. Boston was pretty, friendly, and full of fun places to see.







6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

cheers! ha ha ha that's all i know about boston!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Joan said...

Wayne and I took a trip to New England a few years back during the
leafing season. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. We did the Boston historical tour and the Philadelphia tour and I loved it all. It really is funny how the really old is in between the new. To go into the building where the constitution was developed, to walk on the same cobblestone street that was there at that time and to see the old bank, then to hop into a car and just about get killed is another story. Worst traffic and driving I have EVER seen. They were selling T-shirts that said "I survived Boston traffic". I'd love to go again.

Joan

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices for the sneakers were around 190 pounds on every page. But finally I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that singular make. The prices for the sneakers were about 220 dollars everwhere. But definitively I found this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for that meticulous make. The prices for the velcros are approximately 350 pounds on every site. But completely I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that particular brand. The prices for the velcros are around 310 bucks on every page. But for all I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you tell me about these?