Monday, October 20, 2008

Bar Harbor, Maine


The only disappointment I had on this trip is that we were a little early for the fall colors. We saw more color in Bar Harbor than in the other ports. When we arrived it was lightly raining and a little chilly.



I spotted this scene down an alley while we were strolling through the shops and because it was the most colorful we had seen I had to get a picture.







Bar Harbor was one of my favorite ports. It was the smallest and didn't seem as crowded as the others. The people in the shops weren't real friendly, but we had a lobster lunch in a restaurant with a very friendly staff.



This is one of my favorite pictures, I plan on using it as the cover on my photo book.

We had booked a tour on Lulu's Lobster boat with Captain John and because of the stormy weather in the morning we were afraid it was going to be cancelled. After a delay of only 15 minutes the captain decided we would be able to go. Captain John is a real lobsterman, but I think he probably makes more money doing the tours. He only had a couple of lobsters in the pots he checked.



As you can see, the trees were just starting to turn. Guess we'll just have to make another trip someday. : )













By the time we finished on the lobster boat, the sun had come out and it turned out to be a beautiful day. The picture with the sailboat was taken late morning and in a couple of hours when I took the picture with our ship in the background, the sun was out, the sky was blue and we didn't need our jackets.
.
















I noticed this beautiful building while we were walking along the harbor. It was in the business district, but there were no signs around it so I think it may have been a home. It was so colorful and pretty.

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i am loving coming along with you!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Jennie said...

Beautiful pictures! The one of the house reminds me of a Thomas Kincaid painting.

Susan said...

Jen, you're right. It does look like a Kincaide painting.