Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Licorice attack

Anyone who really knows me will tell you that I have an often, uncontrollable sweet tooth. It's something that affects most of my family, but my brother and I seem to suffer the most from it. Anyone who really knows me will also tell you that I have spent most of my adult life on a diet. Well right now I am trying to lose a few pounds for a cruise we are taking in a couple of week, yes I know, I'm running out of time. Tonight I am having a severe licorice attack, that is all I can think about, any kind of licorice, black or red though, none of that fruit flavored stuff, that really doesn't qualify as licorice in my book.





I think I better just go to bed and hope it passes by morning. Good night and SWEET dreams.

9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

susan you know what i found that is GOOD and licorice? shoot now i can't think of the name of the danged thing! rats. you know it is in a little tin about 3 x 2 x 1 inches and it is really intense flavors? there is peppermint, cinnamon, all flavors? they sell it at the check out in the grocery. rats i don't know the name but the licorice ones are GOOD! i KNOW!!! altoids!!!!

whew. drives me nuts when i can't think of stuff! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Unknown said...

I hope it passed. Thanks to you and that D&mn bag of candy you sent home with me my diet isn't going very well.

stephanie said...

I finished a bag of red vines off last night...it was so good. I thought it was a pregnancy craving, but maybe it's just genetics!

Laurel said...

Oh, I love licorice! And I hate dieting. Nothing worse. You have my condolences. And Susan, why oh why did you delete your comment about my grandma? I LOVED it!!! I would love to hear all about the things you know about her.

When you said she rolled your ponytail up in her window, I immediately remembered her big giant car with all those electric buttons. Oh, how I loved those buttons, and oh, how many times did I get yelled at for playing with them.

And I laughed out loud that she washed your mouth out for pretending to smoke a cigarette. That is hysterical! She was such a stickler, wasn't she?

Anyway, I got a huge kick out of it, and I would love to hear any other memories you have of her.

Laurel said...

Well, maybe you didn't delete it after all. It was gone, but now it's back. I'm so glad!

Jennie said...

Thanks alot sister, now I'm craving licorice!

Teresa said...

Oh... that is so nice to post pics of licorice when I'm dieting. I LOVE licorice. Bad Aunt Susan...

Teresa said...

Just remember the laxative effect the black licorice can have... maybe that will help with the craving!

brenda said...

Well after I read that all I wanted was some damn licorice, all I could find to eat that was even close was some Dora Fun Fruits.