Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Big Horn Mountains










































When I was a kid growing up in Cowley, we spent a lot of time camping in the Big Horns. I always had fun once I got there, but getting there was always painful for me. I used to get really car sick and the switchback roads would get to me every time. Dad got so tired of me getting sick that he stuck me in the back of the pickup and I would just hang my head over the side and puke all the way up the mountain. Now that you have that lovely visual in your head, I'll get to the point of this post.

We spent the Labor Day weekend camping on the Big Horns with Ken's family. I really enjoy camping now that we have our own trailer. With a warm place to sleep, a flush toilet and a shower, camping is fun to me again. Those aren't camping luxuries to me, but necessities. It was a beautiful weekend until it starting raining Sunday night. It rained all night and by the time we left at noon on Monday, it was 32 degrees and starting to snow. Enjoy the few pictures I took, the battery was fully charged and I had the camera in my pocket most of the time, just forgot to use it.

No comments: