Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Diet Plan

Feeling really fat after our weekend in Lovell, I decided it was time to start a serious, low-calorie, no sweets allowed diet. For breakfast I had instant oatmeal with only 1/3 cup of milk, mid morning I had an orange.
Breakfast Calories: 240



I was feeling a little famished when I went home for lunch so while I was waiting for my Lean Cuisine ravioli to nuke (a whole 3 minutes) I grabbed a weight watchers sherbet and ice cream bar. Okay that kind of went against my no sweets rule, but hey, it was weight watchers.



Lunch Calories: 340

After work I decided to stop by the grocery store to get the makings for a healthy, green salad. I walked by the seasonal aisle which they had freshly stocked with Easter candy. Without hesitating I grabbed a bag of miniature Cadbury eggs, thinking that I would reward myself with one small egg each night after dinner. By the time I reached the checkout stand I realized how stupid that idea was so I decided to put them back on the shelf, when what did I spot...........marshmallow chicks and rabbits! (my favorite Easter candy) Well, you all know the outcome of this story.



Dinner Calories: 910

There were still a few left (4) when I came to my senses, so I soaked them in water and threw them away. As disgusting as it may sound, getting them wet keeps me from going after them when my blood sugar returns to normal and I find myself craving sweets. TOMORROW I really am going to get serious about dieting.

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

if this was me it would end with "and then i went to the freezer and got out the cheesecake and ate it frozen. the end."

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxxooxxo

Gran said...

I've been seriously dieting for years and ........ The Cadbury Eggs would have been my choice but right now I'm addicted to M&M's with peanuts - Dark chocolate. Surely there's some good there?

Anonymous said...

I giggled when I read the "diet" blog. I am trying to lose weight, too. Man, why do I love food so much? Your Seattle Friend

Joan said...

Oh you diet like I do. My downfall is Oreos. I never buy them, EVER, because I would eat the whole bag. I give blood twice a year because the treat afterwards is a mini pack of oreos. Pathic, I know.