Monday, February 23, 2009

Mom's Birthday Party

Today is my mom's 79th birthday ( I can get away with telling her age because she doesn't read my blog). When my son was little he called her his Chinese grandma. Looking at this picture, taken when she was 15 years old, she does kind of have an Asian look. Her ancestry however, is German and Norwegian. Ken and I picked up Colette and the kids and went to Lovell for the weekend to help her celebrate. Kim and her family decided to join us and drove down Saturday.

Gourmet jelly belly's are mom's favorite candy and she usually gets one of these huge jars each year. She keeps the jar hidden, but I bet they still don't last very long. I inherited my sweet tooth from both my parents. My sister Jennie had us all to her house for dinner Saturday night. There were 30 of us packed in her house. Jen is pretty easy going and she just goes with the flow. I would have been completely stressed with that many people in my house.

Rock Band and Guitar Hero are becoming mainstays at our family parties. All the children, young and old like to pretend they can sing. Tanner is taking his turn at the mike, accompanied by Madison on the drums and Nathan on the guitar.


Madison is singing here and Ken is anxiously waiting for his turn.



Kim has alway been a wannabe rock star. Colette and Kirsten are the members of the band. Tanner is probably thinking that he could sing it a lot better than his mom.




Of course baby Luke always attracts a crowd. We had a fun, but noisy weekend.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Our Moms are almost exactly a year apart. Unfortunately I won't be there for Mom's party. I haven't seen your Mom forever but always thought she is so pretty. I love her 15 year old picture. I can sure see her children in her face.
All so good looking.

TorAa said...

Your dear moms hairstyle is excactly the one I do remember from the one my mother did have when I was young.
My Mother is born in 1919 and still going strong. Hurray.
Thanks for sharing and tell your mother she got
Birthday Greetings from Norway.