Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Cruisin' Christmas Tree

I have had "bloggers block" lately, nothing in my life seemed very blog worthy so my daughter suggested I do a post on my ornament collection. I have a lot of different collections, my kids are going to have a lot of things to fight over when I'm gone, or they can have one heck of a yard sale.



When we started cruising I bought a lot of knick knacks that I had no idea what to do with once we got home. Most of our first cruises were taken in December and the Christmas decorations were plentiful on the islands so I began buying tree ornaments. Not only were they useful when I got home, they were easy to pack in my suitcase. Now they are fun reminder of the trips we have taken.

I This dough wreath was one of my first purchases. They were being sold as ornaments made by Aruban school children. I was impressed so I bought several. Every island we stopped at that trip had the same ornament, made by their school children. I'm not nearly as gullible now.


It's hard to see in this picture, but this ball is completely covered with beads. I got it in Mexico.



My Hawaiian girls are from Maui. The one is made on some sort of a pine cone and the other in on a shell.




This old fisherman is painted on a shell. Purchased in Halifax on our last trip.





These shells weren't purchased on a cruise, I found them at a craft fair in Colorado. I have about ten of them all made from various shells.






Ken likes to snorkel and dive for shells. He found this sea urchin in Grenada.






I love palm trees and sand dollars so I had to have this one.








These three wiseman are made of dough and are on a shell. I found them in an art gallery in St. Maarten. I should have been wearing my glasses because I totally put the decimal point in the wrong place. : (



Another art gallery purchase, but definitely not as pricey as the wise men. Bought in the Cayman Islands. The garland shown on the tree is small shells on a chain.




A conch shell Ken found on the ocean floor. This was also found in Grenada.


I have a big tree in my living room that has many of the other ornaments I have collected over the years. You may see that one too, if I have another severe case of bloggers block.











6 comments:

brenda said...

I love your tree Toots, Can't wait to go cruisin. I started collecting ornaments after I ran out of room with all the junk I bought.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

beautiful!

and don't worry about not knowing what to blog, just do what i do, start typing and it just comes to you. you'll see.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Joan said...

Wayne and I buy an ornament at every stop when we travel too. My last two are Tinkerbell and Jiminy Cricket from Disney World and Disneyland. I have them from Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and every state we have been in. Colett also brought me some from Mexico. I thought I would run out of tree this year but they all fit on it.

Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks

Anonymous said...

I think I come to the right place, because for a long time do not see such a good thing the!

Anonymous said...

A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog