Thursday, November 20, 2008

Here's to 40 more!

My darling husband commented that he was hoping for 40 more years of wedded bliss which got me thinking that I'm not sure I want to be married to a 100 year old man! I would be happy with at least 30 more years though. For a couple of kids who had no business getting married at ages 20 and 18, we managed to beat the odds and stay married a lot longer than anyone would have guessed.


Happy Anniversary Honey!

Our wedding picture.


Okay, that's not really our wedding picture. Our wedding picture is even worse and I can't even find it now. This was a picture we had taken in high school at a school carnival many, many years ago.



And to those that mentioned that the 40th anniversary is the "ruby" anniversary, this is what Ken bought me on our cruise without either of us even knowing about the "ruby" thing.

(P.S. to Brenda) I got the desk after the marathon fishing trip.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!! the ring is very pretty. I'm still trying to get over the fact that you'd rather spend the evening with Ken than with Edward. :0)

Jennie said...

Beautiful ring sis! No wonder you still like the guy.

Teresa said...

Heck Susan... You've already got the ruby... now ditch that husband and go see Edward!

Colette said...

Congrats on lasting 40 years, but the real test will be retirememt.

P.S. Your wedding picture is in the scrapbook I made you.

stephanie said...

Congrats on 40 years. You are one of my favorite couples! I agree with Colette on retirement, that's a lot of time together!

Joan said...

Lovely ring!! I hope Wayne sees this post and checks out the ruby jewely for me next summer.

Cute picture. I don't remember the carnival where you got the picture taken. Where was I???