Monday, December 22, 2008

'Twas the Week Before Christmas

'Twas the week before Christmas, and all through our town
The wind was a howlin', the snow coming down.
The stockings were hung by our chimney with care,
But under our tree, it was totally bare.

I tried to get nestled all snug in my bed
But my throat was sore and I had a stuffed head.
My plan to go shopping had gone all askew,
I couldn't make Billings, what the hell would I do?

The Nyquil kicked in and I fell fast asleep,
When a loud rumbling roar woke me out of the deep.
I looked out the window to see what was the matter
The Dodge Ram was runnin' and making the clatter.

Ken yelled up to me "The truck's ready to go,
the 4-wheel drive pick-up will get through the snow".
So I grabbed the checkbook, the debit card too,
and we headed to Billings to see what damage we'd do.

After a two hour trip, we hit the first store
I was thrilled to get in there, finding bargains galore.
Checking the names off our list one by one
Before we knew it we were finally done.

Now the presents are wrapped and under the tree,
The cookies are baking, I'm really stress free.
The lights are all twinkling, it's a beautiful sight,
So to all of my loved ones, Merry Christmas, good-night.



9 comments:

Jennie said...

I know how you feel. I finally finished my shopping and baking today. I wish I had about a week left to enjoy the decorations and watch Christmas movies instead of days. By the way, you are a really good poet!

Kim said...

Well, I am quite impressed with your writing skills! I'm glad I wasn't alone in the last minute shopping madness~ That really is a great poem, I think I may just copy, paste and print!

Teresa said...

That is a very cute poem. I didn't know you were a poet! I'm glad the shopping is done. That would have been very stressful. I finally wrapped all mine last night! A quick house clean today and I think I'm finally ready! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well it's beautiful!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxooxoxox

Unknown said...

WOW you are a poet!!! I'm glad you finally got your christmas shopping done!!

stephanie said...

I had no idea you were so talented!
I love your poem, and am so glad that you are ready for Christmas. I hope you have a great Christmas!

Joan said...

Susan, I hope you are feeling better. Hurray for 4-wheel drive pickups, willing husbands and debit cards. I was impressed weith the pem too. Way to be so literate!! Merry Christmas to you and Ken.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks

Anonymous said...

I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!