Wednesday, December 10, 2008

January Blah's a month early

For the most part I don't suffer from depression or even get the blues very often and if I do, it is usually in January. This week I am feeling like I sometimes feel in January. It may be because there are only two weeks until Christmas and I don't have my shopping done, really I have so few presents bought that I can't truthfully say I have even started yet. My plan was to do my shopping this coming weekend but the weather forecast is snow and temperatures below zero. Don't think I want to be making the trip to Billings in that. Which means I will be doing my shopping the following weekend ----5 days before Christmas!



The Amazing Race ended Sunday, Boston Legal aired its last episode Monday, Survivor is winding down, so I don't even have my television shows to escape the doldrums.


If only I had a winter cruise to look forward to. Warm weather, food (that I don't have to cook) available 24 hours a day, someone to make my bed daily and then leaving a towel animal to amuse me, relaxing on a lounge chair in the sun while listening to caribbean music, watching nightly shows, the beautiful blue color of the Caribbean sea, the warm, gentle trade winds blowing in my face while I take a late night walk on the Promenade deck.
ck. Yup! I think that might cure the blah's!

(Now before any of my family gets on here and blasts me...no, I am not going on another cruise, but hey, thinking about it did help for a short time)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you had a nice trip. Did you see the towel origami DVDs I have? www.FoldingMagic.com
Now you can make your own! :)

Take care. Happy holidays.

J

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

shoot not me! i'm leaving again on saturday. i'm taking them all with me so no one can complain! bwahahahahahahahah.....

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Joan said...

Yes, January is the blah month. It's also my birthday and everyone is so broke from Christmas, that having a birthday party and gifts is usually out of the question. I also HATE the cold so it's the month is read good books. I see on your bookshelf that we have read many of the same ones. Let me know if you find one that is really a page turner and not smutty. LOL

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???

Anonymous said...

After reading the information, I may have different views, but I do think this is good BLOG!

Anonymous said...

hey guys, i travel 50 miles to work (stupid yeah… looking for another job…) anyway im just wondering would you recommend me driving all that way at 3.30am? i travel from preston to liverpool airport….i cant seem to find a decent site with readable weather!!!
http://www.weathertoday.v3host.be/?p=10912