Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Warning to my husband


A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table.

She said, "For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish."

The wife answered, "Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband."

The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - two tickets for theQueen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment: "Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me."

The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish. So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!...the husband became 92 years old.
The moral of this story: Men should remember fairies are female.....
Tomorrow is our 40th wedding anniversary so I thought this was appropriate.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Ken is still so crazy about you he would never wish that. Happy anniversay to you two!

Kim said...

I LOVE THAT STORY!! I do have to agree with Jen tho....he would never wish that. Happy Anniversary!

Joan said...

Susan, we will be celebrating our 40th in August too. Do you know the it is the "Ruby" anniversary. Me thinks you need new ruby earrings, a ring or maybe ruby slippers.
40 years is a long time and many, many people never make it that far. Congrats to you both!!

Joan

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

gosh you look so young honey i had no idea! were you married at the age of five??? ha ha ha

happy anniversary to you both!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Teresa said...

Well all I can say is Uncle Ken had better wine and dine you all weekend... you did choose HIM over Edward! Congrats on the 40th anniversary. That is a REALLY LONG time to be married to someone...JK!

brenda said...

Happy Anniversry. I can't believe it's been 40 years. I agree with Joan,tell Ken rubies are in order. Of course you could wait for him to go on another marathon fishing trip. then you could get what ever you want.