Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Dream Cruise - part 1

We left on Friday, Jan 22, for our two week cruise on the Carnival Dream. After the most turbulent airplane ride I have ever experienced, we landed in Orlando, crammed 6 large suitcases and 4 carry on bags into a Chevy Equinox and headed to Cape Canaveral. Sue and Duane flew from Billings with us and we met up with Brenda and Bill at the hotel. Sue's friends Rich and Maureen from Canada met us there also and we all enjoyed dinner at the hotel before boarding the ship the next day. The Dream is the newest ship in the Carnival Fleet and their largest. The atrium was really beautiful with it's glass elevators changing colors all the time.

We quickly headed up to the Lido Deck for our first meal. The pool area was bright and colorful. We spend a good part of our time soaking up the sun and forgetting about the cold weather we left behind in Montana.

I think this is the prettiest Lido deck of any ship we have been on. My only complaint is that it was always full of people. We could usually get a deck chair, but you had to stake your claim on one early in the day.


Of course Ken tried out the water slide as soon as he could. It was closed a good deal of the time due to windy conditions, but when it was open the lines were long and it was very popular with the kids (and Ken).




One of my favorite things when in the Caribbean is looking at all the flowers and plants. Montana is beautiful in the spring, but in the winter everything is brown or covered in snow, so I love all the vivid colors. It really helps me get over the winter blahs.





Our first port was Cozumel, Mexico. We have been here quite a few times so we just did a little shopping in the port, then went downtown for some lunch. There is food on the ship 24 hours a day so I don't know why we spent money on more food.








We had lunch at a small Mexican cantina. Lunch was okay, but the margaritas were excellente'.


The kids laughed at the picture below and couldn't believe I had a picture of a toilet. I don't think its odd at all, I had never seen a toilet bowl like this so of course I took a picture. The bathroom was a little scuzzy, but the toilet bowl was beautiful!


The pictures below show us acting like silly tourists. These are the pictures the kids like the most....... they think we are such dorks.








I still haven't caught up on my sleep, so I'm off to bed. To be continued..............














1 comment:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

lovin' the trip. seems a little familiar but i'm not sure why... ha ha ha

great shots! you'll have to go back a ways on my blog to see my take on it! and you were there.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo