Friday, January 2, 2009

A Real Crappy Friday

My day started with a call from my daughter who lives in the country about 60 miles away from us. She had injured her knee in a fall from a four-wheeler earlier in the week and had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon in Billings today and needed me to drive her there. I called my daughter Kim to go with me in case Cami needed help getting in and out of the vehicle. We had freezing rain last night on top of what snow was left and the roads weren't that great. We made it fine until we turned on the dirt road to get to her house. I was going slow but when I turned this corner I starting sliding and this is where I ended up. Luckily, there was a snow bank there that kept us from going all the way over on the side. We had to crawl out the passenger side window to get out and then sunk up to our knees in the snow bank. The hardest part was calling Ken and telling him what had happened. He luvvvvvs his truck. To his credit, he was very calm and just relieved that we weren't hurt. We ended up taking Cami's truck to Billings and we were about an hour late for her appointment but we made it. She had an MRI which she won't know the results from until Tuesday. The doctor did detect a small fracture on her tibia, which they didn't see when she had it x-rayed right after the accident. While we were in Billings it started snowing again and made for slick roads coming home. It tooks us almost two hours to get to her house, usually a one hour drive. Luckily, the road from her house to Colstrip was pretty clear and we are all home safe and sound. Even the pickup isn't in too bad of shape. The front fender by the door is dented so it will be making a trip to the body shop.



9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my GOSH!!! i am so glad no one was hurt!!! big hugs...

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

Teresa said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear you guys are all ok. That would have been scary!

brenda said...

Oh my Gosh, I'm glad your okay. But I have to confess, my first thoght was that's Ken's pick up. He's going to have a fit. I hope Cami doesn't have to have surgery.

Jennie said...

I'm so glad you guys are alright. That must have been so scary!

Unknown said...

WOW I'm glad you're O.K. That could have made for a Sh#@ty New Year. :0) I'm extra glad that Uncle Ken didn't lose it. I'm hope Cami is O.K. Let us know.

stephanie said...

My first thought was I'm glad that they are okay! I'm sure that was scary and not fun crawling out the window. My second thought was poor Aunt Susan had to tell uncle Ken!!! I'm glad that he was also okay!

Joan said...

Now for me, climbing out the window would have been the hardest thing. I don't know if I could fit for one thing, and my balance and bad leg might not let me. Telling Ken would have been down the list, but is a fear for sure. Do you have any bruises or sore muscles from the incident? Hope your daughter is OK. Oh how I hate slick roads. I don't use the term hate very often but in this case...so very true.

Anonymous said...

how can you write a so cool blog,i am watting your new post in the future!

Anonymous said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!