Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Hate Snakes




These slithering, wretched vipers have been tormenting me for the past week. Whenever we had a some what warm day they would bask in the sun right in front of my front door. I don't just dislike snakes, I hate them, they make my skin crawl and I think they should all be caught and killed.

Colette is here for the weekend and when she was bringing her bags into the house the big one was right in front of the door and scared the heck out of her.

Ken doesn't think there is anything wrong with snakes and tried to defend them by saying they eat the bugs. Who cares! I would rather have bugs than snakes any day. I finally convinced him that it's not cool to have snakes slithering around our front door so he enlisted Trey's help and caught THREE snakes. I couldn't convince him that they should die, but he did take them down the hill and released them. I was feeling a little better about the whole thing, but then he told me they didn't get all of them, a baby snake escaped and crawled between our step and planter. That snake must be caught.... baby snakes grow into big snakes.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sarge too! he can't even look at one on tv! i don't mind them if they are not close to me but on the front porch? i don't think so!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Unknown said...

ick ick ick snakes must die

Pops said...

Susan, We must not only be cousins but kindred spirits...I can't even tell you how I hate snakes. I won't even touch a page that has a picture of a snake..that is sick! Linda

Jennie said...

There is only one thing worse than a snake, and that's a mouse. I think all mice and snakes should die.

Kim said...

I couldn't agree more Jen! Snakes and mice----ICK!!