Saturday, October 17, 2009

Halloween (Bah Humbug)

Halloween has never been a favorite holiday of mine, in fact I really don't care for it at all. However, I always tried to make it fun for my kids and now my grandkids. Caelen and Lexie were here today so we decided to make Halloween treats. Thank goodness Colette was here to help with our creations.These are the pretzel logs we made, it was a little complicated for the kids (and grandma) so I really should say.....these are the pretzel logs Colette made.
Later in the day we decided to tackle the gingerbread haunted house. Lexie and Caelen got a little more into this project.

Presenting the finished project. Colette did a good job on this too, even after I tried to help her and accidentally smeared the windows she had so painstakingly created. I was definitely a hindrance in the kitchen today.


After all this, I'm sure the kids don't suspect that I really don't like Halloween. I do a good job of hiding my dislike.


6 comments:

stephanie said...

Good work Colette! Looks like fun.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

it IS a strange holiday, isn't it?

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Jennie said...

Those are so cute! What a good grandma you are!

Laurel said...

Those are so cute! You're a very good actress (the award for most Halloween spirit goes to...) as well as a great grandma!

Laurel said...

p.s. It was great to get your comment on my blog today.

Joan said...

You have never said why you don't like Halloween any longer. Does it scare you? Look at all the quality time you had with the kids. Doesn't that make for a good holiday? Hang with me a while and you will like it again.