Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How would I know?

Ken and I stopped at a small convenience store in Dayton, Wyoming on our way to a camping trip in the Big Horns. Ken found a pair of glasses in the bathroom (they only have one) and turned them into the clerk. She mentioned that they probably were left by someone in the large group that had just left the store. The group was traveling together in Dodge Vipers and we had admired all their cars before entering the store.


We left and headed up the mountain, about 15 miles up we were stopped by a road construction crew. The group in the Vipers was just ahead of us so Ken walked up to one of the cars and told the driver about the lost glasses. The driver was appreciative and said he would pass it on to the others in their group. We proceeded to our campsite and spent the Labor Day weekend there. (Another post)

We didn't think anymore about the glasses until Tuesday on our way home when we stopped at the store for coffee. The same clerk was working so Ken asked her if anybody ever came back to claim the prescription glasses. She said "no, but they just look like cheap reading glasses so I'll probably just throw them away." She held up the cheap glasses and I started laughing.....yep, they were mine. Ken couldn't figure out how I could lose my glasses and not even realize they were missing. The picture below shows why. I buy them at the dollar store and stash them everywhere so how would I know if one was missing.






5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahaha I think Ken just wanted to check out the viper!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

that is the funniest thing!!! and i would do the exact same thing, i must have 10 pairs of those cheap things! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

stephanie said...

That is So FUNNY!!!!

Unknown said...

Okay. That is really telling your age! I laughed and laughed.

Joan said...

We must all be alike. I wear contacts but still have to don reading glasses once in a while. I get mine at the dollar section at Target when they have them about twice a year. I have almost as many pairs as you do and so does Wayne. This ia a very funny post. Tee hee