Monday, August 31, 2009

Why can't we retire here?






I have asked Ken that question everytime we visit Loveland, Colorado. He always answers that it's too expensive, but he says that about everywhere I suggest. He would be so happy to just stay in Colstrip, but that's just not going to happen. We go to Loveland every August for the sculpture show and it is one of my favorite places to visit. There are flower gardens like shown above all through the town and sculptures on street corners, in the parks, in front of businesses; it's such an artist's town that you would think he would love to live there, but no he wants to stay in Colstrip for the free golf!


This is not a very good picture of Ken's booth. He didn't have a fantastic show but he sold enough carvings to make it worth our while and get a free "mini" vacation.



This was one of my favorite sculptures at the show. The detail doesn't show up real well in the pic, but it was very well done.





This is one of the sculptures I found on my walk through the park. I should have taken the picture from a different angle to show the expressions on their faces.






Another park, another sculpture.







This huge, green horse's head could be yours for a mere $147,000. The prices at this show always astound me. Although this was well done, there was something about the green teeth and tongue that kind of repelled me.








2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i'm with you on that green horse! ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Laurel said...

Yay!!! You've returned. I am so glad. I had no idea your husband was so talented. What gorgeous and intricate carvings! And my husband would agree with you 100 percent about Loveland. He is a Colorado fan and Loveland lives up to its name.