Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Checking number 5 off my Bucket List

Wow, I didn't realize it had been two weeks since my last post. What a slacker! I'm blaming my television, specifically TIVO. Ever since we got Tivo I spend too much time sprawled on the couch watching shows I would have never bothered with before. What a waste of time! But I have to say........I really love my Tivo, last night I watched Dancing with the Stars (a 2 hour show), Brothers and Sisters (recorded the night before) and a sit-com, a total of 3 1/2 hours of shows in less than two hours. So in reality I'm not wasting time, I'm saving time! Okay, now I don't feel so guilty.

Do you have a "Bucket List"? I made a mental list after seeing the movie of things I just had to do before my number is called. One thing on my list was to see Elton John in concert. YES! I'm going to Vegas next month and have my ticket to his Red Piano Show. My sisters and I have talked about taking a trip together for the past year, but that's all we did was talk. Last week I found a good package deal, called Brenda and Jennie and within 15 minutes we were booked. When we saw that Elton John was performing we knew we had to go to his show, regardless of the cost, (not totally true, we're sitting in the nose-bleed section). I don't care about his politics, his lifestyle or anything else, I just love his music.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

lucky girl!!!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Kim said...

You guys are going to have so much fun. I wish I could go just to see Jennie's face at the concert! So when is the "Mother & Daughters" trip, anyway?

Jennie said...

I can't wait! I have been Elton's biggest fan since I was 15. It's going to be so much fun.

Joan said...

Colett is always tellng me I need a TIVO but I have yet to get one. I am thinking about it though.

I have not made a bucket list but when I do, flying in a hot air balloon will be on it. I have one of Elton's CD's and like some of his songs, but his concert would not be on my list. Let me know what you think of it when you get back. I want to compare it with my friend's experince at his concert.

Gran said...

Jealous. A trip to anywhere warm would be great right now - darned rain!