Thursday, August 14, 2008

Art Show

My kids accuse me of being "click" happy with my mouse and I guess they're right. I posted the pictures without the narrative. I might get the hang of this blogging thing sometime. Anyway, Ken and I were in Loveland, Colorado last weekend for the largest sculpture show in North America.

This is the 13th year Ken has done this show and it was his worst one yet, maybe it was the economy or the high price of gas, but the attendance was way down and we didn't even make expenses.

The first few years at this show we were overwhelmed and in awe of the wonderful bronzes, woodcarving, metal work, etc. Now we don't even make it to all the tents to see everything. It is overwhelming. There are over 250 artists showing at this show and there is another show across the street with around 200 artists. A lot of competition. I didn't get as many pictures as I should have because my camera battery died. Either I forget my camera or forget to use it or the battery dies. Never fails!

The picture of the lake with the ducks is where I escape when I can't take any more art talk.
Loveland is one of my favorite places to visit and we did get out to have some great meals and I, of course, got in some shopping.

I'm off to Lovell tomorrow to participate in the relay for life. The battery for the camera is charging and I'll be sure to get some pictures. If I remember to take the camera : )

1 comment:

Joan said...

Susan, art shows are fun but can be so tiring. Did you make a vacation out of it... so it was worth it even if you didn't make expenses? Ken's work is really, really remarkable. I belong to an art forum and most of those women say it's very hard to sell these days too. Maybe it is the economy.

Joan