Sunday, April 25, 2010

HOUSE FOR SALE

Thirty years in the same house produces a lot of memories. Ken was 30 and I was 29 when we decided we would build a house. The optimism of youth! We had the house framed and enclosed, then we set out to finish it. Ken learned about plumbing, wiring, finishing and I learned to keep my mouth shut and do what he told me. That kind of partnership would never work now, I can no longer keep my mouth shut and he knows it. Ha Ha!


Five years ago we remodeled our kitchen. It's the hardest thing for me to leave. We added lots of cabinets and I will only have about half that many in the new house. But then, there are a lot more restaurants in Billlings so I don't plan on cooking as much either.
Our children and grandchildren are having a harder time with us selling the house than we are.
We will be leaving this house, but we'll take the memories with us.

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

it really is beautiful! you two did a wonderful job and yes, the memories will go with you for sure... have a fun adventure!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

brenda said...

I hope yours sells sooner than mine. We've had it on the market again for 3 weeks no one has even looked at it. Natalie and Mark listed there's last week and think they have it sold already. Different loacations!! It does seem a little sad, that you won't be there anymore, but closer will be nicer

Joan said...

We sold ours after many years too and I cried when we left but after having a new, nicer one, I hardly give it a thought. I do drive by every time we are in Billings, though to see how my trees and shrubs are doing. you have lots of fun things to look forward to.

Laurel said...

That is a big deal, moving away from your first house after all these years. Best of luck! You're kitchen is very pretty! (But restaurants are pretty, too. And they do the dishes!)