Sunday, June 7, 2009

Visitor


This pretty little bird was sitting between my flower planter and the house for about 15 minutes this afternoon. I walked right up to him and he kind of puffed up but continued sitting there. When I ran into the house to get my camera I thought he would fly away, but he sat there and posed for several pictures.
I watched him for a few more minutes before I decided to see if he was hurt. My mother is deathly afraid of birds and although I'm not afraid of them I don't like to pick them up so I went in the house to get Ken, but by the time I got back he had flown away.
This is the most exciting thing I have had to blog about for several weeks. Pathetic, isn't it?

4 comments:

Joan said...

No, not pathetic. I love birds and watch them all the time. I have two hummer feeders and a regular feeder. I have my binoculars ready for any bird encounter. I had a nest of these yellow finches in my tree next to the deck and I sat for hours watching them hatch, and then learn how to fly. I was so sad when they flew away.

Jennie said...

Thats a really pretty bird. I'm not afraid of them like mom, but I don't like to touch them either.

Colette said...

You should post about your other visitor on the step...the snake. Caelen's made me tell everyone the story about you stepping on a snake. Then she adds that you screamed really loud and almost dropped her.

Susan said...

How could I forget the snake! I;m sure it traumatized Caelen. It was pretty creepy.