Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Circus is in Town

Things have been pretty stressful around here for the past few weeks so when Colette asked me to go with her to the circus I jumped at the chance to get out of town. It had been years since I had been to one, but as a kid I had dreams of being a trapeze artist. Being raised in a small town in Wyoming the opportunity never materialized. That and I have a real fear of heights.
This trick made my 4 year old granddaughter nervous, she was really worried about him falling and then worried that he wouldn't be able to get down.

Being the indulgent grandma that I am, when Caelen said she wanted her face painted I sprung for the $6 (outrageous price!) and let her do it. This was her face after they held the mirror up for her to look in, she immediately smeared the black around her eye, turned to me and said "I want this stuff off". I convinced her to leave it on until she got home, but it came off minutes after we got in the house.


Luke's reaction to his sister's painted face.




7 comments:

Busy Minnesota Mama said...

How fun! I haven't been to the circus in years. May have to do that with my little ones soon. Just want to let you know you've been surfed. Drop on by my blog to see what that means. ~verna

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

since i am scared of clowns i don't go to the circus. i am scared of the high rope too!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Kim said...

ummmm....where is the picture of you riding the elephant? Sorry, Tucker ratted you out!

Colette said...

I have the picture of mom on the elephant! I'm thinking of sending it out as this year's Christmas card.

Jennie said...

Looks like fun. I can't wait to see the picture of you on the elephant.

Joan said...

Colette looks so much like you Susan. You could never deny that she is your's. People say that about my Colett too though. Beautiful...both of them.

I haven't been to a circus in about 20 years. I want to see the elephant picture too.

Teresa said...

Post it colette!!! Remember that picture of you and Steph she posted??

Your kids are so darn cute!